Appointments scheduled at NEUROPSYCH WELLNESS CENTER, PC are specific time slots allocated exclusively for the benefit of the scheduled patient. We will make every effort to accommodate your scheduling needs. In return, we ask that you help us by keeping your scheduled appointments, arriving on time and notifying us in advance if you are unable to do so. Your provider and other patients are directly affected if you fail to show up for your scheduled appointment.
- All appointments with the Psychiatrist, MD and/or the Nurse Practitioner, must be cancelled before 24 business hours (not including the weekend) prior to the scheduled appointment. Failure to do so will result in an automatic $100.00 missed appointment charge. If you are sick or an emergency/unexpected event has occurred, a medical doctor’s note or receipt/excuse note is required to waive the charge within 30 days of the missed appointment.
- All appointments for the Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor, must be cancelled before 48 business hours (not including weekend) prior to the scheduled appointment. Failure to do so will result in an automatic $100.00 missed appointment charge. If you are sick or an emergency/unexpected event has occurred, a medical doctor’s note or receipt/excuse note is required to waive the charge within 30 days of the missed appointment.
- It is your responsibility to check the appointment card at the time that it is issued to verify the proper date and time are listed on the card. NEUROPSYCH WELLNESS CENTER, PC will not waive the missed appointment fee because of an error on a card. Reminder calls/texts/e‐mails are a courtesy and it is the patient’s responsibility to remember any appointments scheduled either in person, over the phone or by a third party.
- Insurance or a third party will not cover the missed appointment charge and it is your responsibility.
- If you have 2 or more missed appointments with the balance unpaid, future appointments will be cancelled and appointments will not be scheduled until the balance has been cleared. Medication refills may be refused due to being noncompliant with your recommended plan of care with your provider, as discussed at the last visit due to missed appointments.
- In the event of snow or inclement weather, you may cancel an appointment with less than the required notice if Fairfax County Government (not the school) is closed and if you call to cancel PRIOR to the appointment time.