When you see the doctor, a prescription will generally be written or sent electronically for your routine medication to last until your next follow up.
- It is patient’s responsibility to keep up with the follow‐up appointment to obtain enough medication on time. To minimize errors and for your safety, we discourage medication refills in between scheduled appointments.
- Please call your pharmacy at least three (3) business days before you expect to run out of medication and ask the pharmacy to send us electronic prescription refill request or manually fax us the medication refill request. Our provider may refill medication only enough to cover until the next appointment.
- Our provider may refuse to refill any medication if they believe it is clinically necessary to evaluate the patient before prescribing medication.
- A police report is required if a medication refill is requested for a controlled medication due to being lost or stolen.
- Should you need a prior authorization from insurance completed by our office for your prescription, please allow up to 72 hours for completion.